An ever growing number of football federations,professional footballclubs and individual players are looking to organize trainingcamps in Limburg and the Euregion, thanks to its ideal geographical location at the meeting point of three European countries but also because of:
- Perfect accessibility by plane (9 international airports within an hour’s drive).
- Optimal climatic training conditions almost all the year round.
- A cross-over of international (Dutch, Belgian, German, French and English) football cultures within easy reach with 40 professional clubs within a 1,5 hour drive.
- Matches and (mini)tournaments at the required level can be organised against teams from The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France and of course also against other teams from all over the word staying in this popular region for the same reason as you are.
- For individual or smaller groups of players tailor made programmes can be made on the basis of careful player-analyses and trials with the (professional) clubs in the area can be arranged.
- Women’s football is integrated in the European Sports Centre, with one of the national training centres for girls’ and women’s football based in the Centre and the headcoach of the Netherlands’ national team that played the World Cup in Canada 2015 being one of the Centre’s high performance coaches.
- Excellent facilities for training and matches (natural grass and excellent artificial pitches, stadium, indoor facilities, athletics facilities in- and outdoor, performance/video analysis programmes).
- Elite (para) medical facilities and expertise in the Topsport Limburg High Performance Centre: including Strength& conditioning, world-class performance lab, rehab, sportsphysiology, physiotherapy, sport science, mental coaching, sports psychology and mental coaching, nutrition and hydration. Any other required field of expertise can be organised.
- The Zuyderland general hospital and its Topsport Medicine Department with direct access to all relevant services is situated next to the High Performance Centre.
- International expertise and know-how are available with regards to all football specific, multi-sports, talent-identification/development and high performance aspects required. Download here more information about the football coaches.
- Having worked closely together for almost 10 years with Wiel Coerver, who was in fact born in Limburg and started his carreer here, one of our High Performance Coaches is a specialist in applied Coerver Skills coaching.
On a regular basis the European Sports Centre organises seminars and clinics for coaches on football specific but also interdisciplinary topics like talent identification, diversification, recovery, strength and conditioning, nutrition and hydration, mental coaching, lifestyle coaching etc. We are always willing to share expertise or help you develop your vision and programme in any aspect of high performance.
Integrated in the European Sports centre is the Topsport Innovation Platform, which means that relevant innovations in football, other sports and (para) medical and performance fields are developed, tested and applied here.
The Netherlands are still one of the world’s leading countries with regards to talent development and training. Belgium is the number 1 country in football on the FIFA World Men’s Ranking, Germany are 4th and Netherlands 14th. In the Women’s Ranking Germany are 2nd, Netherlands 12th and Belgium 28th.
All arrangements are tailor made down to the last detail to suit individual needs and wishes. Every aspect of your stay will be taken care of with first-class accommodation and expert medical Concierge service will attend to your needs and wishes 24 hours per day for the duration of your trip.
All tailor made programmes are offered at competitive prices.